- What is the purpose of the website?
- As MSU's gameday activities continue to grow along with fan attendance, changes must also be made to safely accommodate this growth. This website is designed to give fans all
the information needed to attend MSU events in a safe and enjoyable manner.
- What is the necessity of a gameday plan?
- The opening of the Junction in 2007 has increased the popularity of tailgating activities on campus. MSU anticipates continued growth in the future which had led to more concerns regarding safety
and damage to campus. The gameday plan helps to ensure that the gameday experience remains friendly, fun, and safe.
- How were these rules decided?
- Rules for gameday activities were determined by the Gameday Committee, which consists of a variety of faculty and staff throughout campus. The committee takes into consideration NCAA and
SEC regulations, as well as receives advice from both state and federal agencies.
- Who do I contact about lost items?
- Items lost inside Davis Wade Stadium are turned into Game Management and can be reached at 662-325-8158. Items lost in tailgating areas are turned into the Campus Police and can be reached at 662-325-2121. Immediately after the
end of a game, Campus Landscape beings cleaning up campus. Items such as keys, silver, jewelry, and anything deemed valuable are turned into Campus Police. All other items left behind such as coolers and
tents are disposed of the day after the game. The university is not responsible for any lost items.
- What times gameday shuttles run?
- Gameday shuttles begin running three hours prior to kickoff and conclude two hours after the game.
- Where do shuttles run for the downtown route?
- The implementation of the S.M.A.R.T. shuttle route, a partnership project of MSU and the City of Starkville, has added several new pick up locations throughout Starkville and drops off at Giles hall near the northwest corner of Davis Wade Stadium. (Click for Map)
- How do I get a golf cart shuttle and who are they for?
- Golf cart shuttle rides are available by calling 662-325-9114. Carts are reserved for people who have difficulty walking long distances. Carts are not for hauling tailgating
supplies (coolers, tents, and food) and are prohibited on the golf carts.
- How do I find First Aid and Police?
- There are four first aid stations set up in Davis Wade Stadium (Click for map), for emergencies contact Game Management at 662-325-8158.
In the Junction, Campus Police have a tent near the Seal M-Club building equipped with first aid supplies. Campus Police can be contacted at 662-325-2121.
- Where are ATMs located?
- ATMs are located in the Colvard Student Union.
- In case of a medical emergency do I call 911?
- Ambulances and police are already on campus for gameday. Please contact Game Management at 662-325-8158 for quick response.
Gameday Road Closures
- What roads are closed and what time do they shut down?
- (Click for page)
- How do I pick up my tailgate after the game with all vehicles being directed off campus and roads being blocked?
- Traffic flow is designed to get everyone off campus in a safe and timely manner. Pedestrians and the limited exits off campus make this challenging. The university asks that everyone
allow at least one and a half hours for egress after the game before returning with a vehicle to collect tailgating supplies.
- How do I get to my parking lot around all the road blocks?
- Signs are put in place throughout campus and along roads to assist fans to parking lots. Intersection directors are put in place for a reason, ask for help if needed, but please follow
their directions. The Parking Assistance Center (PAC) is available to help direct fans, PAC can be reached at 662-325-9114.
- Where can I tailgage?
- Click for List/Map
- Where are the restrooms located on gameday?
- Click for List/Map
- What do I do with my trash?
- Trash and recycle bins are provided throughout the tailgating areas and bags are provided on marked poles for tailgating use.
Davis Wade Stadium
- What is the address to the stadium?
- The address to Davis Wade Stadium is 90 B.S. Hood Dr., Mississippi State, MS 39762 GEO:33.456390, -88.793370.
- What time do gates open at the stadium?
- Gates open at Davis Wade Stadium 2 hours prior kickoff.
- Where are first aid stations?
- There are four first aid stations located in Davis Wade Stadium:
- West side - Ground level behind Section 4)
- West side - 300 level (between Sections 307 & 308)
- East side - Ground level (behind Section 23)
- East side - Sky deck level by the south elevator lobby (behind section 338)
- Why can I not take a bag into the stadium?
- Since the tragedy of 9/11, any bags larger that 14''x14''x8'' have been prohibited from Davis Wade Stadium. Gate personnel are instructed to enforce this rule in the interest of safety, as
advised by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Stadium security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of spectator safety. Bags larger than 14''x14''x8'' must be
returned to vehicles before entrance into the stadium is allowed.
- Who is required to have a ticket?
- Every person regardless of age including infants is required to have a ticketed seat in Davis Wade Stadium.
- What do I do if I have a stroller?
- Strollers are permitted in Davis Wade Stadium, and are subject to being searched. Strollers are not permitted in the seating area of the stadium. Strollers may be left outside
the First Aid Stations or by the stadium information tents at the owner's risk.
- It's raining, so why can't I bring in my umbrella?
- For the comfort and viewing pleasure of everyone at Davis Wade Stadium, no umbrellas are allowed inside the stadium.
Gameday Parking and Traffic Flow
- Are there enough parking spaces on campus to accommodate gameday vehicles?
- MSU is unique in the fact that almost 100% of gameday parking is on campus. However, as gameday grows, off campus parking will be explored.
- Where can I park my RV if I do not have a Bulldog Club membership?
- All non-Bulldog Club RV spaces are located off campus at the MS Horse Park. Spaces can be reserved in advance by calling 662-325-9350. MS Horse Park is located at 716 E. Poorhouse Rd.,
Starkville, MS 39759.
- How much does it cost to park on campus on gameday?
- There is a charge of $20 to park in public paid parking on gameday. Shuttle routes and golf carts are available for fans that have trouble walking long distances.
- Who do I contact about lost or forgotten parking passes?
- Contact the Athletic Ticket Office at 662-325-2600 before gameday, on gameday contact Parking Assistance at 662-325-9114.
- What if I have a flat tire, dead battery or locked keys in car?
- Parking Assistance Center is equipped to assist fans. PAC can be contacted at 662-325-9114.
- Why am I not allowed to exit campus the way I always do?
- Many times normal routes take longer on gameday because of the influx of traffic. Law enforcement officials are in place to direct traffic flow. Please keep in mind that staff may be
forced to change directions and routes on a game by game basis because of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, traffic, weather and other issues that often arise on gameday. Please
note that these actions always have the fans' best interests and safety in mind and are in no way meant as a hindrance. The goal of MSU staff and law enforcement is to provide the safest
and most efficient routes, both on and off campus.
XML error: Mismatched tag at line 8